Moving to the Free State from abroad? While the process can be complicated because immigration is restricted by the federal government, it’s still possible for you to move to New Hampshire.
The most common way to get to New Hampshire is on a tourist visa, generally good for 6 months. You are not permitted to work here on such a visa. Another common method is on a student visa if you enroll in a college or university. There are also employee visas for highly-skilled workers, coordinated through your employer. The caveat is that the employer often has to spend tens of thousands of dollars on lawyers and application fees, and there is a limited number granted each year.
There are other, lesser-used approaches such as through marriage or as a political refugee. All of these come with red tape and many obstacles.
Contact us if you’d like us to connect you with FSP movers who have immigrated to NH.